I recently put a poll on my IG story asking my followers if they loved themselves.
Sadly, the response was an overwhelming no.
Here are some ideas how you can one love yourself, when deep down inside, you just really really don’t.
1. YOU MATTER. I know sometimes you think you don’t. That maybe the world is better without you? Listen to me, the world is a better place because you are in it. You were created for a reason. Don’t ever forget that.
2. Think of the people you love and respect. You are kind to them, patient and forgiving. You give them space and room to grow. Right? Is that how you treat yourself? Do you give yourself these things? Or are you your biggest critique? Do you take care of your body? No? Why not?
If you do it for others, why don’t you do it for yourself?
3. You are responsible for your own happiness, your success, and the relationship you have with yourself. Own up to it, allow yourself to have it and do not be shy or feel guilty about asking for help.
4. No one is perfect. We get hurt by others. We get angry. We get jealous. We get rejected and then we hurt other people. Allow yourself to feel what you are feeling at that moment. Forgive yourself for any wrongdoings you have done to others.
5. Lastly, write it down. Take out a piece of paper and write down 10 positive traits about yourself. Everyday when you get up, look in the mirror, say those 10 things out loud to yourself. “I am ….” Keep repeating them every day until you believe what you are saying.